c. 1920's vintage american industrial reinforced galvanized steel "empty every night" oily waste trash receptacle. salvaged from an old michigan gear and sprocket factory. the "quick-service" stationary trash can was fabricated by the geo w. diener mfg. co., chicago, il. the original black stenciled lettering remains largely intact. the hinged top retains the original riveted joint handle. the foot-operated lever or pedal remains in working condition. the cylindrical can is supported by three folded steel brackets riveted tightly in place. nicely weathered red enameled stripes provide added visual character. measures 17 inches tall and 12 inches in diameter.