heavily reinforced c. 1940's vintage american medical mobile hospital multi-tier cart with riveted joint corner guards and highly desirable oversized swivel casters

Sold

UR #:: UR-22070-15

Please Note: We do not appraise, nor do we disclose the prices of items sold.

Questions? Click here or call our store at 312.492.6254. Please make sure to reference the UR# when submitting an email.

Note: Shipping is not included. If required please contact an Urban Remains sales associate.

 

Product Description

original c. 1940's american vintage medical rolling hospital storage and/or supply cart designed and fabricated by the colson corporation, elyria, oh. the oversized cart is comprised of pressed and folded sheet metal with reinforced riveted joint corner guards. the mutli-tier cart retains the original fully functional oversized casters or wheels with large curvaceous forks and bolted hubs. the rubber wheels are in great overall condition. the vintage medical supply cast has been brushed down to bare metal and sealed with a clear coat lacquer. salvaged years ago from the old cook county hospital. colson traces its history back to 1885 when founded as "fay manufacturing" in elyria, ohio. original products were the fay sulky scraper and the fairy tricycle. in 1891 the company was sold to arthur l. garford and renamed "worthington manufacturing company" with george worthington as president. by 1903 the company was reorganized to "the worthington company" with mr. fred colson as principal owner. they made tricycles, invalid chairs, wheel chairs, carts, and casters made with rubber tread. in 1917 fred colson purchased the company and changed the name to the colson company. he expanded the caster line, and to the product line was added hospital wheeled equipment & industrial material handling equipment. measures 44 1/2 x 20 1/2 x 47 1/2 inches.