original c. 1940's vintage amercian medical swing arm hospital room examination light or lamp found in the old cook county hopsital (located in chicago, il). features an extended lightweight steel arm with swivel and trunnion type assembly. the lamphead features a detachable steel socket housing. the deep bowl reflector with interior mirrored finish retains the original semi-transparent glass lens. the angle of the lamp head is adjusted with a molded black plastic handle. brushed metal finish. fabricated by the wilmot castle co., rochester, ny.