one of several fully functional and highly sought after american early 20th century wall-mount lavatory room tilting liquid soap dispenser, designed and patented in 1904 by lewis g. langstaff of brooklyn, ny. the uniquely-shaped pressed clear glass orb with embossed lettering was fabricated by or for the west disinfecting co., new york city, ny. the nicely aged nickel-plated brass wall bracket contains bent brass tubular arms supporting the pivoting vessel, which swings on a vertical plane. the protruding "measuring" nozzle is original and intact. an elongated tab found along the edge of the orb contains lightly incised instructions pertaining to soap dispersal. the nickel-plated flush mount wall bracket contains pre-drilled holes for mounting purposes. the original stepped flush mount rosette is heavily oxidized, but original nonetheless. urban remains acquired a sizable lot of these remarkable "beau brummel" soap dispensers that will be listed over time. the ones we acquired were originally used in the lavatory rooms in the old non-extant penn station, constructed in the beaux-arts style by the architectural firm of mcKim, mead & white. measures approximately 6 x 5 x 6 inches.