original c. 1920's american medical hospital telescoping examination room light fabricated by or for the wm. meyer company, chicago, il. the wall-mount medical fixture contains a heavy duty cast iron bracket with oversized friction dial joint allowing the lamp's arm to swivel up and down and left and right. the circular-shaped sleeve contains a telescoping extension arm comprised of nickel plated brass. the ventilated socket housing is attached to a fitting that also contains the black painted turned wood handle with a fanciful plated bronze finial. the dimpled cased emerald green glass reflector retains the original white glass diffuser held in place with a three-arm steel bracket. the pull-chain socket has been rewired with period appropriate braided lamp cord. measures approximately 33 inches in length with a diameter of 7 1/2 inches.