one of several nearly identical original late 1930's american medical stationary operating room supply cart designed and fabricated by the a.s. aloe company, st. louis, mo. the storage cart and/or workstation retains the original raised edge pressed and formed stainless steel top. the cabinet is comprised of heavy gauge cold-rolled steel brushed down to bare metal and sealed with a clear coat lacquer. the cabinet contains a single pull-out drawer and barrel-hinged door. original streamlined pulls are fully functional. both sides of the cabinet contain stationary bent steel rod towel bars or racks. salvaged from an indiana va hospital. the streamlined style a.s. aloe company building was built in 1940 and stood on the northeast corner of olive and 19th street in st. louis, mo. the building was built for the a.s. aloe company, sellers of medical and surgical supplies. the exterior exhibits a strong, geometric composition, with dramatic rows of horizontal windows capped off with simple raised lettering. the graphics of the entryway are bold and unmistakable. the building makes clean use of simple elements to create a form that delights in its strength and simplicity. with its ornamental signs and lettering stripped away, the a.s. aloe building was demolished in fall of 1996. the site today is a parking lot. the cornerstone contained a time capsule, containing company catalogs and medical journals, as well as a hand-written letter from company president howard f. baer. measures 20 x 16 1/2 x 35 inches.