one of several matching mid-20th century american industrial cast aluminum michael reese hospital exterior single-sided building facade letter sign with nicely aged patina

Sold

UR #:: UR-23424-15

Please Note: We do not appraise, nor do we disclose the prices of items sold.

Questions? Click here or call our store at 312.492.6254. Please make sure to reference the UR# when submitting an email.

Note: Shipping is not included. If required please contact an Urban Remains sales associate.

 

Product Description

all original and exceptionally well-maintained heavily reinforced cast aluminum exterior building facade letter salvaged from michael reese hospital campus buildings designed or built in the 1940's and 1950's by the architectural firm of loebl schlossman and bennett, with design contributions by bauhaus founder and german architect walter gropius. the oversized letters were fabricated by the spanjer brothers company, chicago, il. the channeled or raised edge exterior single-sided cast aluminum sign letters were removed from buildings including, but not limited to, the berman and hannah friend memorial pavilion, simon wexler pavilion, and several other buildings located on the sprawling campus shortly before demolition. the hollow aluminum letter contains a multitude of threaded openings along the backside for mounting purposes.nicely aged surface patina left intact. several letters available. the letters are priced individually. measures 9 x 1 3/4 x 12 inches.