two matching late 1950's american industrial solid cast aluminum exterior friend pavilion single-sided sign letters with nicely aged surface patina

Sold

UR #:: UR-15736-12

Please Note: We do not appraise, nor do we disclose the prices of items sold.

Questions? Click here or call our store at 312.492.6254. Please make sure to reference the UR# when submitting an email.

Note: Shipping is not included. If required please contact an Urban Remains sales associate.

 

Product Description

late 1950's original and intact american made vintage exterior single-sided cast aluminum sign letters salvaged from the berman and hannah friend memorial pavilion shortly before demolition. the solid aluminum letters contain a multitude of threaded openings along the backside for mounting purposes. exact fabricator unknown. nicely aged surface patina left intact. several letters available. the non-extant berman and hannah friend memorial pavilion was one of many distinct structures located within the michael reese hospital complex. located on the south side of chicago, the friend pavilion was designed or built in 1958 by the architectural firm of loebl schlossman and bennett, with design contributions by bauhaus founder and german architect walter gropius. the building was demolished in 2009. measure 5 x 5 1/2 inches. priced individually.