c. 1930's refinished vintage american medical heavy gauge steel hospital examination room supply cabinet with pull-out drawer and hinged cabinet door

Sold

UR #:: UR-13486-12

Please Note: We do not appraise, nor do we disclose the prices of items sold.

Questions? Click here or call our store at 312.492.6254. Please make sure to reference the UR# when submitting an email.

Note: Shipping is not included. If required please contact an Urban Remains sales associate.

 

Product Description

original and intact american vintage medical heavy gauge cold-rolled steel freestanding hospital examination room instrument and/or supply cabinet or workstation. fabricated between 1930-40 by the a.s. aloe company, st. louis, mo. the cabinet's interior contains a removable reinforced plate glass shelf. the cabinet's exterior has been carefully cleaned and brought down to bare metal and sealed with clear coat protective finish. the cabinet door contains functional barrel hinges and pressed steel knob pull. the single pull-pit drawer with original pressed steel handle glides with ease. the bottom compartment contains a removable folded steel shelf. the furniture sheet steel is reinforced with welded and riveted joints. excellent overall condition. the streamlined style a.s. aloe company building was built in 1940 and stood on the northeast corner of olive and 19th street in st. louis, mo. the building was built for the a.s. aloe company, sellers of medical and surgical supplies. the exterior exhibits a strong, geometric composition, with dramatic rows of horizontal windows capped off with simple raised lettering. the graphics of the entryway are bold and unmistakable. the building makes clean use of simple elements to create a form that delights in its strength and simplicity. with its ornamental signs and lettering stripped away, the a.s. aloe building was demolished in fall of 1996. the site today is a parking lot. the cornerstone contained a time capsule, containing company catalogues and medical journals, as well as a hand-written letter from company president howard f. baer.